Sunday, July 1, 2012

It's not good bye. It's a see you again, soon.

Some very unpleasant things happened to me last night. They have prompted me to examine my life. I'll be back soonish.

* When I wrote this I was upset. Not in a mood to communicate. I have no issues with being honest. Here's the story.

On Saturday night a group of coworkers gathered at a local bar to celebrate a birthday.

Much fun was had. Many drinks were consumed in a 5 hour period. We all left at 5am ish when the sun was peeking over the mountains.

A former co-worker asked me to give him a ride because it was on my way home. When we arrived at his house he asked me if I wanted to come inside. I declined. He leaned over to hug and kiss me. To which I didn't protest since he's a good looking guy. Who I mistakenly believed to be decent.

We kissed for a few minutes. It was fun. Then without my permission or noticed reached into my pants. This I wasn't comfortable with. I grabbed his hand and pushed it away, telling him to stop. Over and over. He did not in fact stop. He pushed back harder against me. In the process hurting me physically and making me feel violated.

He continued to try to kiss me. I no longer allowed him to touch me. He then tried to get me to come inside. For what seemed a life time he wouldn't leave my car. I kept repeating myself, " Get out of my car and don't touch me. You need to leave." He finally did.

After 5 or so hours of drinking and festivities with my friends I wasn't thinking all that clearly. I'm sure I could have handled the situation better.

In closing, I feel betrayed and embarrassed. We worked together for some time, forming what I thought were warm feelings for each other as comrades through the perils of retail.

For the time being I don't want to be friendly outgoing or anything else. I want to shrink away from the world. It could have been much worse, for that I'm glad. I'll be fine, so don't cry for me Argentina.

I'll be back, scout's honor.

14 comments:

  1. Oh no, Carmel! I hope everything is okay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Overdramatic? Or is this the end? Unpleasant is too vague of a word, give us a stronger clue next time please.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear this, hope you're okay or getting okay.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you should call the police on him because what he did was NOT ACCEPTABLE AT ALL. Hate scumbags.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you are okay. You really need to decide if you want to pursue anything against the guy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry to hear this, hope you are doing ok.

    I don't to sound all moralistic or anything, but I do wonder if, after all that drinking, you were ok to drive? I realize that's a bit off topic but a problem there could have made a very bad situation even worse.

    Excessive alcohol might be somewhat behind the jerk's bad behavior--but in no way excuses it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rob makes me look like a social maestro.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Waffles you can put you hand in my pants anytime :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually I expected it and look forward to it.

      Delete
  9. Very brave of you to share this. I'm glad the situation ended as it did. Please don't shrink away from the world for too long; incidents like that could send some women into a depression. Make an effort to be around people who love and support you.

    (Jesus Christ, is there no end to my telling people what to do?)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Agree with breakfast cereal - you should call the cops, notify your boss that you're not comfortable with this fucking swine in the workplace, the whole bit. He might not go to jail but he'll hopefully lose his job and have more than a couple sleepless nights.

    Rob, at the risk of speaking for Waffles I think what he's getting at is that there's a time and place (and forum) for questions like yours, and here and now might not be an appropriate time or place. Either that or he just learned how to spell "maestro" and was showing off.

    ReplyDelete