Saturday, June 2, 2012

Cherry on top

Hello Beautiful people! This song by Melanie from 1969 is one of my favorites from this artist. When I was in high school, my dearly departed friend, Jessica Cherry brought me a cd of her greatest hits.

Other than my mother she is the closet person I've lost. She died at 19, from drug over dose. In years past a group of friends would visit her grave on Halloween. Surely the security thinks we are some macabre teenagers looking to raise some hell, literally. Instead we are just remembering our sorely missed homie. It was her favorite day of the year. She gave my that Freddie Mercury keychain I still carry. Her obituary hangs at the enterance of my house. It reminds me to appreciate my loved ones, never let a day go by without them knowing I care.

Before her I knew only pop music, radio top 40 kind of stuff. She opened my world through music. To this day I have all the discs she gave me.  She's been in my mind because I ran across something she gave me. The Cramps the Gravest Hits. She changed my life , I'll be ever grateful.

Drugs are bad.

3 comments:

  1. Sweet Girl, you've written a very sweet post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about your friend, dear one.

    ReplyDelete