Thursday, April 19, 2012

I'm all growed up...kinda

Lately I've been taking proud care of our house. Although Grrouchie no longer shares it with me he would be really proud. Earlier this week I did some much needed gardening. Pulled the weeds which hadn't been done in almost a year. I trimmed the tree and bushes. Raked all the leaves.sprayed for weeds. Spent about $40 plus three hours on the front yard. I even took the time to test the sprinklers. Some of them didn't work so I , yes I, fixed them bitches! This weekend I will be tackling the backyard. I also bought insulation to wrap the pipes outside, like a boss!

Today the garage door took a crap on me. It wouldn't close all the way. I put on my thinking cap looked up the schematic online. Deduced what the issue and fixed it. Hell to the yeah! I handled that shit like a grown up!

I forgot how much satisfaction there's to be had in good hard work. This my Father helped teach me. Growing up we all did the home repairs and improvements.  More like forced labor but looking back I'm damn grateful for those experiences.

We did almost everything. Painting both inside and outside the house with the roller and paint sprayer. We installed toilets, faucets, the bathtub. Haha, that was such a debacle! It didn't sit flush with the floor so Father decided to force it in. For some damn reason we NEEDED to knockout the outside wall to get under the house  to finish the installation. WTF, old man?  Til the day we sold the house that damn tub squeaked when stepping in and out of it. By the way, we also had to repair the side of the house. We placed plywood in the HOLE, replaced the mesh, re-stucco'd ( that a word?) then painted. Doing stucco sucks balls the texture comes from the trowel work. That takes some skill/ technique.

We mixed, poured and leveled concrete for the patio, walkway, and porch. Planted the laurel trees along the fence, installed the sprinklers, installed file flooring throughout the house.

One of my worst favorite memories was the time we installed the air conditioner on the roof. Father assigned me the task of sitting on the roof back pressed to air conditioner bracing it so he and Brother could install it. This was also the day he pushed me off the roof, yeah you read that right.

My Father taught me a lot maybe not in the best way.

My walk down child labor lane reminded me that I'm not a "normal" girl, if such a thing exists. I'm tough, independent, rough sometimes rude. For the most part I don't give a fuck what people think or say. Whatever I do what I want!  Father taught me not to fear who I am, in all my rude glory. So I'll be adding to Waffles' post. It will be rude, dirty but hopefully respectful of myself and those involved. Forewarning there will be violence, drug use, heterosexual and homosexual sex. If you are sensitive to this subject matter don't read the next post.

Night night, jive turkeys!

13 comments:

  1. yes, i probably would be happy about that

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are so cute.

    I need you to come over my house and fix stuff! I am really bad with my hands... well, for gardening at least. ;).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are two reasons I'll visit Massachusetts. First to visit have the Car Talk guys sign my tits. Second to run the Boston Marathon. Neither of those involve being Waffles' Mexican day laborer. Hey do you have Mexicans over there ir are all the brown people Puerto Rican?

      Delete
    2. I dunno they all look the same to me. BLAHAHA! JUST KIDDING!

      Delete
    3. P.S. I could think of some fun things to do with a maid costume! Promise you won't have to dust for long. XD.

      Delete
    4. That's how I feel about whit people :)

      Delete
    5. I had a male slave once. Cockhold, maid outfit and all.

      Delete
    6. I can give perverts everywhere a run for their money

      Delete
    7. lol.. send me an email perv! sirfwalgman@gmail.com. I feel left out since you talk to Josie and not me. :( ;)

      Delete
  3. It will be rude, dirty but hopefully respectful of myself and those involved. Forewarning there will be violence, drug use, heterosexual and homosexual sex. If you are sensitive to this subject matter don't read the next post.

    Well, in that case, I can hardly wait.

    ReplyDelete